We are honored that Cino and his Mom LeeAnn nominated us for the One Lovely Blog Award. You can visit them at Animal Are Feeling Beings Too.
One of the rules is to list seven facts about ourselves. Lucy, take it away!
- Hi, I’m Lucy. (That’s a fact, but I won’t count it.) My Mom brought me home this year on January 14, the day before my Dad’s birthday.
- Mom’s first words when Dad saw me were, “We’re not keeping her.”(That’s a fact, too, but I won’t count this one, either.) I am not scared of thunder or lightening or fireworks.
- Dad’s first words were, “I’ve heard that before.” (Wont’ use that one either.) Mom says my picture should be by the word “compliant” in the dictionary, because as soon as I understand what is expected of me, that’s what I do. I am not a rebel.
- Then Mom said, “Really, this time, we’re not.” (OK, you see how this is going.) I eat a raw diet and I dance in circles when I see Mom coming with it.
- Then Dad laughed and said, “We’d better think of a good name.” I am about one and a half years old. Someone in this family is going to (had better!) make up a birthday day for me so I can have cake and toys and treats and other pressies.
- Mom shook her head and said, “Really, I am going to find her a good home.” I am a beautiful dark brindle bully, as pretty inside as out. Mom says that’s a fact!
- Dad now says I am his girl and no one will ever take me away from him and Mom. 🙂 (That one counts – a lot – but let’s add something else.) My favorite thing in the whole world is to run and play with Riley and any other dog who wants to be my friend.
I am supposed to nominate 15 bloggers for this award. Even though Mom is old hat at this (no Mom, I would never, ever call you old) I am new at it, so I am going to try to find some newer bloggers, or at lease some that are new to Mom, too, along with a few of our many other favorites. Let’s see, (drum roll, please) I nominate:
- Mia from It’s a Pibble’s Life! We could be twins!! Of course I am interested in what another bully is doing, and I really, really want to play with her.
- Benji from Life of Benji. Even though his blog’s been around since 2015, we just found him and love to read about his life. We think he is mostly a Treeing Tennessee Brindle, and he is a pawsome therapy dog.
- Watson from Wednesdays with Watson has also been blogging since 2015, and he helps Mom get her schnauzer fix. He always has something inspiring to say.
- Abby Lab from The Book of Barkley is Blogville’s caterer and runs the chow truck. Her Mom is an Amazon #1 best selling author, and also leads a very interesting life, so you know her blog has to be good!
- Kosmo from Rantasalo Home Album. Kosmo is the cat from faraway Finland, and offers a photographic glimpse into the countryside and life in that land. We always learn something new on his blog.
- Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge isn’t by or about an anipal, but has clever introductions, stories and comments about current affairs, especially in their neck of the woods. Usually some twist, and requires a bit of thought. Oops, just saw they already have this award…I see this can be tricky.
- Cupcake from Cupcake Speaks is another rescued terrier who helps her Mom – a children’s book author – tell a story. She is also well-dressed and goes to the library so kids can read to her. Aww man, Cupcake already has the award, too. But it’s a different picture…
- Sam and recently Elsa from Tails Around the Ranch keep us smiling with the sweet, goofy therapy dog Sam and his sister Elsa who was rescued from life at a puppy mill.
- We would have nominated Noodle at Noodle for President, but guess what? He already got this award last year. We know this because he and Lexi (before she was Angel Lexi) were engaged or something. You can still be neighborly and go say “Hi!”
I know I’m supposed to nominate more bloggers, but Mom said it’s a lot of (HBO word) work and time and we have done more than half. Some of you may already have this award, so that’s ok. Others may not want it, and that’s ok too. And still others may say the HBO word about taking too much time. To the last group Mom says just take it and run, don’t worry about the rules. (Mom is more of a rebel than me.)
Now for The Rules:
Love and wags,
Lucy the Conformist